A neighbor came by with apples, and mom decided to make a cake. Here is a recipe you can try at home:
- 3 pounds apples – peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Place sliced apples in baking dish. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in eggs and oil; pack on top of apples. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until topping is puffed and golden brown.
This was mom`s first apple cake this autumn, and it tasted delicious!